Features of ESE
- Our editors are native English speakers
- Our editors are expert scientists with PhDs
- Our editors have >10 years postdoc experience
- No freelance editors
- Manuscripts published in >400 journals
- Clients in >40 countries
- Client retention rate of >95%
- Transparent pricing policy
- Volume discounts of up to 10%
- Guaranteed editing quality
- Comprehensive feedback about editing
- Assured privacy, data security, and reliability
- Professional, friendly communications
- Rapid replies to emails; the red box above gives the current response time (if your browser's cache is refreshed)
- Company operating for >20 years
- No marketeers or other noneditors employed
- Website designed and coded by us, so no cookies, tracking, or malware
We operate on a trust basis, in that we normally do not request payment until after we have returned edited documents to clients. The main exception to this rule is if the job is particularly large, in which case we may ask you to pay a proportion of the cost before you receive the final edited document. Payments can be made by credit card or bank transfer, as follows:
Credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and JCB credit cards. Payment is made through our secure online payment facility, and takes just a few minutes. We will include a URL link to the payment facility when emailing you the invoice(s) to be paid. Your credit card details are entered on a webpage hosted (via an SSL-encrypted link) by a company that processes credit card payments for all of the major banks in Australasia, which further ensures that your credit card details are not seen by us.
Bank transfer. We will provide you with details of the New Zealand bank account to which funds should be transferred. Please note that if the payment is not sent in New Zealand dollars, an additional fee of NZ$ 30 will apply to your job (assuming that the correct exchange rate is applied to the currency conversion). This extra amount is designed to cover the average amount that is deducted by intermediary banks before such payments arrive in our bank account.
Credit card payments
Before using the secure online payment facility of ESE to pay one or more invoices by credit card, please check that you have the following information:
- The ESE invoice number(s) you intend paying.
- The total amount payable.
- The details of the credit card that you intend using.
- The email address to which confirmation of payment will be sent.
During the payment process you will be transferred from this website to the website of the company that processes our transactions (Payment Express, who are currently in the process of rebranding themselves as Windcave), where you will enter the above details on the following two pages (the pages are hosted via SSL-encrypted links on Payment Express/Windcave servers, which ensures that your credit card details are not seen either by us or anyone else on the Internet):
- On the first page you will enter the payment amount, invoice number(s), your name, and the email address to which confirmation of payment will be sent.
- On the next page you will enter the credit card details.
After your payment has been processed, a page will be displayed indicating whether or not it was successful, and Payment Express/Windcave will send an email confirming this to the address you specified. If the payment was successful, the managing editor of ESE (Dr. Paul Kolston) will send you a receipt within the next day or 2.